TurtleTribe-ParrotTribe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TurtleTribe-ParrotTribe

A place to learn and talk about your pet

HomeTurtleTribe.netLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Turtle Tribe Iron ons for sale
whats everyones veiw on pet stores Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 12:56 pm by Admin

» turtle tribe hand bags
whats everyones veiw on pet stores Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 12:55 pm by Admin

» cinnabunn hass passed away
whats everyones veiw on pet stores Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 9:38 pm by Admin

» why parrots shouldnt eat meat....
whats everyones veiw on pet stores Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 12:28 pm by Admin

» worm snakes out side in my worm bed
whats everyones veiw on pet stores Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 8:30 pm by Admin

» Tortsy the watch turtle
whats everyones veiw on pet stores Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 11:04 pm by Admin

» Cobalt Blue
whats everyones veiw on pet stores Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 11:02 pm by Admin

» Questions answered about What is it like owning a large parrot
whats everyones veiw on pet stores Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 8:36 pm by Admin

» Jail brake
whats everyones veiw on pet stores Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 2:52 am by Admin

» Avicularia avicularia, pet trade
whats everyones veiw on pet stores Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 8:29 pm by spider ninja

» Arabian camel spider
whats everyones veiw on pet stores Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 11:51 am by eggman

» YAY purrlyns comming for a visit next month
whats everyones veiw on pet stores Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 1:56 pm by Admin

» Dragons
whats everyones veiw on pet stores Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 11:01 am by Admin

» Just my babies.
whats everyones veiw on pet stores Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 7:04 pm by eggman

» New Babies
whats everyones veiw on pet stores Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 12:01 am by eggman

» tiny baby box turtlle asleep in food dish
whats everyones veiw on pet stores Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 9:50 pm by Admin

» worm snakes
whats everyones veiw on pet stores Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 9:48 pm by Admin

» bailey in his hat
whats everyones veiw on pet stores Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 3:31 pm by Admin

» Scratch Scratch Scratch
whats everyones veiw on pet stores Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 3:30 pm by Admin

» Photo bucket changes
whats everyones veiw on pet stores Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 11:14 pm by Admin

» notin
whats everyones veiw on pet stores Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 11:33 pm by eggman

» rescued box turtle takes over back seat
whats everyones veiw on pet stores Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 11:19 pm by Admin

» I did I did get it after all Im sort of slow
whats everyones veiw on pet stores Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 5:16 pm by Admin

» Hey wait I might be onto somethin
whats everyones veiw on pet stores Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 11:26 pm by eggman

» Extinct Reptile Eunotosaurus Reveals How Turtles Got Their Shells
whats everyones veiw on pet stores Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 10:50 am by Admin

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 298 on Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:20 am
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

whats everyones veiw on pet stores

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Registration date : 2008-08-07

whats everyones veiw on pet stores Empty
PostSubject: whats everyones veiw on pet stores   whats everyones veiw on pet stores Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 8:52 am

i my self feel anymore there is less and less ppl with experence among other things theres some that need to get off there rumps and clean animals cages better and stop acting like they know it all and do there darn jobs
Back to top Go down
https://turtletribe.forumotion.com
Serpentwoman
Serpentwoman

PostSubject: Re: whats everyones veiw on pet stores   whats everyones veiw on pet stores Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 9:13 am

Personally, I've seen nothing but problems from pet stores lately.
The big chain stores hire 18 year old, brain dead, idiot children that don't know anything about their animals and they won't train them, so I try to support the smaller "Mom and Pop" stores, to find out they're just as bad, if not worse.
We recently had a shop reopen here under new management. We were thrilled because if we needed them, we could get rodents for the animals. I went in there yesterday and they had a young Rose Hair tarantula in a cage as a "display" animal. Her set up was completely wrong. I asked who she belonged to and got, "Some guy donated it to the shop."
They made it very plain they don't want to touch her. They don't want anything to do with her. I told them I'd be happy to give them a "Spider Care 101" but they declined. They have her in a 10 gallon tank, half with reptibark, half with sand. No water dish and no hide.
There was one moronic employee that look like he had just been paroled that was holding a baby iguana that he was gonna "break him of tail whipping" that I wanted to just beat to death. He's an ass and shouldn't be allowed near humans much less animals.
So they join the ranks of nasty pet shops. Yet another that have no clue what they're doing, nor do they care. Its just a paycheck.
Could you imagine if thats the way firemen or doctors worked?
It just really ticks me off. Take some pride in your stock, people. Its your reputation that will keep you in business.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: whats everyones veiw on pet stores   whats everyones veiw on pet stores Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 9:22 am

yeah i have to agree ive havening to deal with some crap right now from one and im not to thrilled i wont go into detail at this moment becouse more then likely the police maybe involed but i do get rather sick of ppl treating me like im an idiot and i dont know anything what ticks me off is being pushed to far. befor i get any animal i make darn sure i do my home work and if i didnt know something i ask someone that does know but when you get some one treating you like a 2 year old child and smacking your hand darn near and telling you NO thats where im drawing the line if you buy something you own it even in verbal agreement they are holding it 2 weeks but now want to keep longer that to me is against the law

heres some interesting stuff i found on a sight about all animals in pet stores

http://www.petstoreabuse.com/laws.html#birds
Back to top Go down
https://turtletribe.forumotion.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: whats everyones veiw on pet stores   whats everyones veiw on pet stores Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 1:20 pm

Ok now you went and got my started!!The Big Chain operated pet stores are a joke. You might get lucky and have an experienced employee that knows some stuff. But they sell everything so I can't see the employees even having half a clue.Now remember I am a little older that yall. When I was growing up people that had pet stores really knew what they were selling. After all they had in invest in living perishable stock ie the pets. Theu had to know what they were doing to stay in business.Most pet shops specialized in only a few animals and almost all pet shops had someone workin there that knew the animals. A few places even had a good variy of pets but they still knew the animal. Heck old 5 and 10 stores sold fish-sort of- lol % & 10m cent stores died out but still you can buy fish and birds in some stores that only hav a manager in that Dept, not an expert. I shy away from those that claim to know what their doing. You only have to look at the clenliess of the animals or the cages to see peeps are not that good.There are so called Bird shops that import their birds from a breeder. How many of the breeders do you think these store managersactuall visit or check out.Right now I know about 25 breeders that work out of thier home and they don't know crap abou the birds they are selling. They didn't hatch the birds just bought them as babies'Quite illeagle in a lot of states.False paper work even if you get it it might be the wrong type bird'Remember Sherry what they told you you bought'. Then you have exporters that will get you anything you want>>>$$$$$<<<. So people know your pet supplier as beas you can. Ask someone that actually might know stuff on what your interested in. And even then you can get bad advice. There are very good pet hop owners every where you just have to check. Birds try to join a club that does talks and expos. Then by wise in whT YOU TAKE IN AS FWR AS ADVICE. ,I know I'm ramblin hahaha I ran out of crazy meds yesterday lol. but be careful buying check the people out trust an old man from Ft laud J/KUse the internet .wikapedia is always a good start with all critters at the bottom the post their references. Common sence. Sherry I talked to Clieve this Am and he told me to tell you to pick up your bird whenever You want not what the dude says. You legally own it and if they refuse get your receipt and ask the police to accompany yall if he wont release it to you.And it is a real handsome critter you got there and bird too lololol. whats everyones veiw on pet stores 586748 whats everyones veiw on pet stores 927254
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: whats everyones veiw on pet stores   whats everyones veiw on pet stores Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

whats everyones veiw on pet stores
Page 1 of 1