TurtleTribe-ParrotTribe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TurtleTribe-ParrotTribe

A place to learn and talk about your pet

HomeTurtleTribe.netLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Turtle Tribe Iron ons for sale
Rocko, the moose!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 12:56 pm by Admin

» turtle tribe hand bags
Rocko, the moose!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 12:55 pm by Admin

» cinnabunn hass passed away
Rocko, the moose!! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 9:38 pm by Admin

» why parrots shouldnt eat meat....
Rocko, the moose!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 12:28 pm by Admin

» worm snakes out side in my worm bed
Rocko, the moose!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 8:30 pm by Admin

» Tortsy the watch turtle
Rocko, the moose!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 11:04 pm by Admin

» Cobalt Blue
Rocko, the moose!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 11:02 pm by Admin

» Questions answered about What is it like owning a large parrot
Rocko, the moose!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 8:36 pm by Admin

» Jail brake
Rocko, the moose!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 2:52 am by Admin

» Avicularia avicularia, pet trade
Rocko, the moose!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 8:29 pm by spider ninja

» Arabian camel spider
Rocko, the moose!! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 11:51 am by eggman

» YAY purrlyns comming for a visit next month
Rocko, the moose!! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 1:56 pm by Admin

» Dragons
Rocko, the moose!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 11:01 am by Admin

» Just my babies.
Rocko, the moose!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 7:04 pm by eggman

» New Babies
Rocko, the moose!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 12:01 am by eggman

» tiny baby box turtlle asleep in food dish
Rocko, the moose!! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 9:50 pm by Admin

» worm snakes
Rocko, the moose!! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 9:48 pm by Admin

» bailey in his hat
Rocko, the moose!! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 3:31 pm by Admin

» Scratch Scratch Scratch
Rocko, the moose!! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 3:30 pm by Admin

» Photo bucket changes
Rocko, the moose!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 11:14 pm by Admin

» notin
Rocko, the moose!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 11:33 pm by eggman

» rescued box turtle takes over back seat
Rocko, the moose!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 11:19 pm by Admin

» I did I did get it after all Im sort of slow
Rocko, the moose!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 5:16 pm by Admin

» Hey wait I might be onto somethin
Rocko, the moose!! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 11:26 pm by eggman

» Extinct Reptile Eunotosaurus Reveals How Turtles Got Their Shells
Rocko, the moose!! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 10:50 am by Admin

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 298 on Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:20 am
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Rocko, the moose!!

Go down 
+2
Stone
Serpentwoman
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Serpentwoman
Serpentwoman

Registration date : 2008-08-07

Rocko, the moose!! Empty
PostSubject: Rocko, the moose!!   Rocko, the moose!! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 8:45 pm

Did some cage shuffling today and moved Rocko into the 55 gallon. Finally got a measurement on him.

He's 9 months old and 26 inches long! I could never get him to hold still before, but he got measured while he was up against the glass.

HE'S A TANK!!!

Rocko, the moose!! NewRockopix006

Rocko, the moose!! NewRockopix007

Rocko, the moose!! NewRockopix008

Tongue shot!

Rocko, the moose!! NewRockopix009

Rocko, the moose!! NewRockopix010

I think its safe to say this is a temp cage until a big, custom one is built.

I got one shot of Joanna Banana, but she freaked and had a coniption after this shot. I swear you can see the "I'm a skitz!" look in her eyes. Shes now 23 inches long.

Rocko, the moose!! NewRockopix011

They didn't look NEARLY this big just in thier tank. They've just gotten... MASSIVE!
Hard to believe when we got them back in April they were barely over 4 inches long.
Back to top Go down
Stone

Stone

Registration date : 2008-12-11

Rocko, the moose!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocko, the moose!!   Rocko, the moose!! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 10:53 pm

Looks like their growing quite nicely :) They are such cuties too :) You must be one proud moma.
Back to top Go down
http://valleyfeeders.weebly.com/
turtlefanatic

turtlefanatic

Registration date : 2008-08-10

Rocko, the moose!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocko, the moose!!   Rocko, the moose!! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 11:12 pm

A great looking pair! I love the tongue shots!

I'm sorry to admit that I'm not very knowledgeable about lizards. What species are they? How big do you expect them to get?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Rocko, the moose!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocko, the moose!!   Rocko, the moose!! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 12:10 am

they are looking good k
Back to top Go down
https://turtletribe.forumotion.com
Serpentwoman
Serpentwoman

Rocko, the moose!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocko, the moose!!   Rocko, the moose!! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 2:36 am

Thanks, everyone!
I'm sorry... I forgot to put the species in the post. (Had a dork moment)
They're Savannah Monitors. They get usually between 4 and 5 feet long.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Rocko, the moose!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocko, the moose!!   Rocko, the moose!! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 10:01 am

cool ZARDS
Back to top Go down
turtlefanatic

turtlefanatic

Rocko, the moose!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocko, the moose!!   Rocko, the moose!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 11:15 am

Serpentwoman wrote:

They're Savannah Monitors. They get usually between 4 and 5 feet long.
Wow, that's a lotta lizard! What kind of enclosure are you going to use for them when they get that large?
Back to top Go down
Serpentwoman
Serpentwoman

Rocko, the moose!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocko, the moose!!   Rocko, the moose!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 2:46 pm

I have my go-to guy working out some dimensions for a couple good size enclosures for these two. Savs are known to be temperamental, a bit aggressive and really destructive. Definitely a commitment when you get into these guys. Its like living with dinosaurs with really bad manners.
For some insane reason, I really like that about this species...
Back to top Go down
turtlefanatic

turtlefanatic

Rocko, the moose!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocko, the moose!!   Rocko, the moose!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 2:58 pm

I get it! There are some turtle keepers who choose to have Snappers for the same reason.
Back to top Go down
Serpentwoman
Serpentwoman

Rocko, the moose!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocko, the moose!!   Rocko, the moose!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 4:10 pm

Pretty much cause we just ain't right in the head.
Savs can't be tamed like some other species. They demand a certain amount of respect, so you develop this symbiotic relationship. They'll tolerate interaction with you and in turn you won't wake up with your head in their mouth.
Tim had gotten me Joanna for our anniversary present. Within a week, Rocko was surrendered by a young guy that couldn't get him to calm down. At 4 inches long, he would whip sideways and try to bite anyone that came near him. Absolutely insane little beast! He's getting better as he gets bigger, though. THANK GOODNESS!
Back to top Go down
Stalker13

Stalker13

Registration date : 2008-10-12

Rocko, the moose!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocko, the moose!!   Rocko, the moose!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 9:41 pm

This reminds me of half the critters I have LOL
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Rocko, the moose!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocko, the moose!!   Rocko, the moose!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 9:56 pm

they can be tamed fox has owned sevral growing up and one of them when he yelled at him for doing something he shouldnt be doing he would stick his head in the couch and pout hes had some that was really nasty and had them tamed down in an hour the key is alot of handling and alot of one on one they can be taught to use a litter box they can also learn tricks its just depends on how much time some ones willing to give them
Back to top Go down
Serpentwoman
Serpentwoman

Rocko, the moose!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocko, the moose!!   Rocko, the moose!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 10:21 pm

I remember you telling me about Fox's sav, so I'm trying to spend as much time with them as possible and he is getting better. Jo just pretty much freezes up and doesn't move until I put her down. Rocko tries to eat me, though. I'm hoping to have him socialized enough by February to be the "shop monitor" when we open. I'm not sure yet, though. He's very much the extrovert, so I'm hoping he'll calm down some.
You think, after the holidays, Fox would be up to giving me a 'Sav 101' course to get these two handlable?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Rocko, the moose!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocko, the moose!!   Rocko, the moose!! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 1:28 am

lol i will ask him i know hes ben bit so many times but he never gave up the biggest thing is to show them your boss and your not afread of them when i had one the darn thing would try to leap up and bite me in the face but if fox went near he turned and ran from him like oh no here comes the boss lol if i hadent at the time ben working so much i woulda kept mine but i just had no time for it and it wasnt fair to me or the sav so i gave him up maybe some day i will get another one we went the other day to the mall they had a really big one forsale in the pet store lol i couldnt convence fox in letting me have it lol maybe when i dont have so many turtles ill get one that or a dragon fox dont like the dragons lol i seen they had a big tagu there to he was gold and black pretty good size 3 foot i say the sav was about 3 1/2 good size ones but there prices seemed high the dragon was almost 300.00 and the sav was about 200.00 and i think the other was in between crazy prices i think but any way i know fox just let them bite and his was bigger savs he tamed i know he had baby ones but i dont think they was as bad but the thing is you have to really show them biting isnt going to stop you from handling them and just show them your bigger and your the boss lol
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Rocko, the moose!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocko, the moose!!   Rocko, the moose!! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 12:58 pm

Thats pretty much how you tame a wild parrot. Let them know they don't hurt(although they hurt like heck) . I used to get paid big $$ for breaking a parrott. You can break a parrott in one weekend ,lots of biting and squaking, and yes cussin lol. Just lock ypourself in a bathroom and BOND lol.But I dont think I could do that with a Zard ,still have Phobia .
Back to top Go down
Jon

Registration date : 2010-11-10

Rocko, the moose!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocko, the moose!!   Rocko, the moose!! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 4:15 pm

it's not just savs, all monitors are and most tegus are pretty much like that, infact, now that i think about it, some geckos (tokays, goldens, marbleds) are like that too
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rocko, the moose!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocko, the moose!!   Rocko, the moose!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rocko, the moose!!
Page 1 of 1