TurtleTribe-ParrotTribe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TurtleTribe-ParrotTribe

A place to learn and talk about your pet

HomeTurtleTribe.netLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Turtle Tribe Iron ons for sale
Josh @ NH Motor Speedway Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 12:56 pm by Admin

» turtle tribe hand bags
Josh @ NH Motor Speedway Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 12:55 pm by Admin

» cinnabunn hass passed away
Josh @ NH Motor Speedway Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 9:38 pm by Admin

» why parrots shouldnt eat meat....
Josh @ NH Motor Speedway Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 12:28 pm by Admin

» worm snakes out side in my worm bed
Josh @ NH Motor Speedway Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 8:30 pm by Admin

» Tortsy the watch turtle
Josh @ NH Motor Speedway Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 11:04 pm by Admin

» Cobalt Blue
Josh @ NH Motor Speedway Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 11:02 pm by Admin

» Questions answered about What is it like owning a large parrot
Josh @ NH Motor Speedway Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 8:36 pm by Admin

» Jail brake
Josh @ NH Motor Speedway Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 2:52 am by Admin

» Avicularia avicularia, pet trade
Josh @ NH Motor Speedway Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 8:29 pm by spider ninja

» Arabian camel spider
Josh @ NH Motor Speedway Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 11:51 am by eggman

» YAY purrlyns comming for a visit next month
Josh @ NH Motor Speedway Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 1:56 pm by Admin

» Dragons
Josh @ NH Motor Speedway Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 11:01 am by Admin

» Just my babies.
Josh @ NH Motor Speedway Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 7:04 pm by eggman

» New Babies
Josh @ NH Motor Speedway Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 12:01 am by eggman

» tiny baby box turtlle asleep in food dish
Josh @ NH Motor Speedway Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 9:50 pm by Admin

» worm snakes
Josh @ NH Motor Speedway Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 9:48 pm by Admin

» bailey in his hat
Josh @ NH Motor Speedway Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 3:31 pm by Admin

» Scratch Scratch Scratch
Josh @ NH Motor Speedway Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 3:30 pm by Admin

» Photo bucket changes
Josh @ NH Motor Speedway Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 11:14 pm by Admin

» notin
Josh @ NH Motor Speedway Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 11:33 pm by eggman

» rescued box turtle takes over back seat
Josh @ NH Motor Speedway Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 11:19 pm by Admin

» I did I did get it after all Im sort of slow
Josh @ NH Motor Speedway Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 5:16 pm by Admin

» Hey wait I might be onto somethin
Josh @ NH Motor Speedway Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 11:26 pm by eggman

» Extinct Reptile Eunotosaurus Reveals How Turtles Got Their Shells
Josh @ NH Motor Speedway Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 10:50 am by Admin

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 298 on Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:20 am
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Josh @ NH Motor Speedway

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Serpentwoman
Serpentwoman

Registration date : 2008-08-07

Josh @ NH Motor Speedway Empty
PostSubject: Josh @ NH Motor Speedway   Josh @ NH Motor Speedway Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 9:40 pm

I know no ones a real NASCAR fan around here (myself included) but just wanted to share our oldest son's latest accomplishment.
He finally reached one of his long-time goals and is on a pit crew for a NASCAR driver. He started working for "Victory in Jesus" Racing Team a couple weeks ago and sent us some pics from New Hampshire. The driver, Morgan Shepherd, is a long-time veteran of NASCAR. He doesn't win many races any more, but he and his crew attend every one of 'em. Josh will be on the road until mid-November, even hitting Montreal, Canada in 6 more weeks.
We're very proud of his determination.

Josh @ NH Motor Speedway JoshNHNationwide
Back to top Go down
turtlefanatic

turtlefanatic

Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Josh @ NH Motor Speedway   Josh @ NH Motor Speedway Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 12:13 am

I don't follow NASCAR, but my best friend is a die-hard fan. She and her husband are currently on vacation in Niagara Falls and took a side trip to the NH Motor Speedway on Saturday night. I talked to her by phone this evening and read your post to her. She's familiar with Morgan Shepherd and was very impressed that your son secured a place on his pit crew. That's quite an accomplishment, and you certainly have good reason to be proud of him. Congratulations, Josh!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Josh @ NH Motor Speedway   Josh @ NH Motor Speedway Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 3:44 pm

WellI am a die hard race fan . If you put a number on it I will watch.I actually have Morgan Shepherd 's autograph. We also have seasons tickets to Miami - Homestead race track. So now I will have a reason to route for him.He is one of the older drivers at 71 I think. He also is known for his roller skateing down pit lanebefor races start. Congrats to your son getting a job on any NASCAR pit crew is indeed a great accomplishment. b6
Back to top Go down
Serpentwoman
Serpentwoman

PostSubject: Re: Josh @ NH Motor Speedway   Josh @ NH Motor Speedway Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 5:48 pm

Thank you, Tom!! Very Happy
And you're right! Shepherd is known for his roller skating in pit row. Apparently, he also roller skates around the shop, too! Josh is only 25 years old and has a heck of a time keeping up with him! LOL
I'll let him know that ya'll will be at the Miami race. He'll be tickled to know theres someone out there rooting them on!
Back to top Go down
Serpentwoman
Serpentwoman

PostSubject: Re: Josh @ NH Motor Speedway   Josh @ NH Motor Speedway Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 5:54 pm

And thank you, Ginger! Very Happy
We finally were able to talk to Josh a couple days ago and he was filling us in on his adventures. He was supposed to be the second gas man, but when the front tire changer didn't show, the crew chief came up and told him, "Make this helmet fit, boy! Your goin' over the wall!" and he was the jack man for the entire race. He was ecstatic!
He also got ring-side seats to the #19 car (Michael Bliss) falling off the lift as they were taking it off the hauler.
Yep! A fully loaded NASCAR dropped 9 feet, right on top of the generator, cooler, and gas cans of the hauler next to it. Danged if Bliss's crew didn't have that car up and running in time for the race.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Josh @ NH Motor Speedway   Josh @ NH Motor Speedway Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 1:05 pm

Being a NASCAR fan I am always amazed at what those good ole boys from Nascar can do in so little time.your son is living a dream I always had, I did get to drive a Richard Petty car at Miami Homestead Raceway. It was called The Richard Petty Driving experince. They dont have that any more but I did drive and scared the crap out of my self.So If you watch Nascar on tv you can bet on it I will be watching to see if I can spot your son. cool.
Back to top Go down
Serpentwoman
Serpentwoman

PostSubject: Re: Josh @ NH Motor Speedway   Josh @ NH Motor Speedway Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 6:45 pm

Right on, Tom! Thank you!!! Very Happy
He's in Nashville right now, the next race will be starting at 7:30 and Josh will be over the wall as the jack man!! Not too shabby for a kid that was hired on as a 2nd gas man until he could prove himself, eh?
Back to top Go down
Serpentwoman
Serpentwoman

PostSubject: Re: Josh @ NH Motor Speedway   Josh @ NH Motor Speedway Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 11:19 pm

Well... Shepherd announced to his crew that if he can't get sponsorship by Montreal, he's going to sell the team.
Back to top Go down
spider ninja
spider ninja

Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Josh @ NH Motor Speedway   Josh @ NH Motor Speedway Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 4:52 pm

That sucks. I have no clue about anything NASCAR, sorry. What are the odds of that happening?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ebay.com
Serpentwoman
Serpentwoman

PostSubject: Re: Josh @ NH Motor Speedway   Josh @ NH Motor Speedway Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 10:23 pm

Well... when he has religious messages plastered all over his cars and doesn't place any higher than 26th, pretty high...
Sponsors don't want to invest in a money pit.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Josh @ NH Motor Speedway   Josh @ NH Motor Speedway Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 11:45 am

That's the problem with a NASCAR team. it cost so much to enter races and pay for tires, fuel, paying for your pit crew to go to races (Motel rooms food etc).Morgan is a really good driver but racing against Big teams like Hendrick , Petty, Rousch, Childers, and all the big bucks sponsers, it is almost imposible first to race then to be competive. you are fighting against the $$$$ and multi car teams. NASCAR sure aint what it once was. I'll think good thoughts for Morgan's team and Josh .Maybe the spirits will help and the team can go on. b6
Back to top Go down
spider ninja
spider ninja

Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Josh @ NH Motor Speedway   Josh @ NH Motor Speedway Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 8:31 pm

Most sports aren't what they used to be. Anyone miss sports when it was about competing and having fun?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ebay.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Josh @ NH Motor Speedway   Josh @ NH Motor Speedway Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 10:01 am

You got that right!! b6
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Josh @ NH Motor Speedway   Josh @ NH Motor Speedway Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Josh @ NH Motor Speedway
Page 1 of 1