TurtleTribe-ParrotTribe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TurtleTribe-ParrotTribe

A place to learn and talk about your pet

HomeTurtleTribe.netLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Turtle Tribe Iron ons for sale
Well Folks I,m still here YEAH Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 12:56 pm by Admin

» turtle tribe hand bags
Well Folks I,m still here YEAH Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 12:55 pm by Admin

» cinnabunn hass passed away
Well Folks I,m still here YEAH Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 9:38 pm by Admin

» why parrots shouldnt eat meat....
Well Folks I,m still here YEAH Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 12:28 pm by Admin

» worm snakes out side in my worm bed
Well Folks I,m still here YEAH Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 8:30 pm by Admin

» Tortsy the watch turtle
Well Folks I,m still here YEAH Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 11:04 pm by Admin

» Cobalt Blue
Well Folks I,m still here YEAH Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 11:02 pm by Admin

» Questions answered about What is it like owning a large parrot
Well Folks I,m still here YEAH Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 8:36 pm by Admin

» Jail brake
Well Folks I,m still here YEAH Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 2:52 am by Admin

» Avicularia avicularia, pet trade
Well Folks I,m still here YEAH Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 8:29 pm by spider ninja

» Arabian camel spider
Well Folks I,m still here YEAH Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 11:51 am by eggman

» YAY purrlyns comming for a visit next month
Well Folks I,m still here YEAH Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 1:56 pm by Admin

» Dragons
Well Folks I,m still here YEAH Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 11:01 am by Admin

» Just my babies.
Well Folks I,m still here YEAH Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 7:04 pm by eggman

» New Babies
Well Folks I,m still here YEAH Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 12:01 am by eggman

» tiny baby box turtlle asleep in food dish
Well Folks I,m still here YEAH Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 9:50 pm by Admin

» worm snakes
Well Folks I,m still here YEAH Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 9:48 pm by Admin

» bailey in his hat
Well Folks I,m still here YEAH Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 3:31 pm by Admin

» Scratch Scratch Scratch
Well Folks I,m still here YEAH Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 3:30 pm by Admin

» Photo bucket changes
Well Folks I,m still here YEAH Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 11:14 pm by Admin

» notin
Well Folks I,m still here YEAH Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 11:33 pm by eggman

» rescued box turtle takes over back seat
Well Folks I,m still here YEAH Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 11:19 pm by Admin

» I did I did get it after all Im sort of slow
Well Folks I,m still here YEAH Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 5:16 pm by Admin

» Hey wait I might be onto somethin
Well Folks I,m still here YEAH Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 11:26 pm by eggman

» Extinct Reptile Eunotosaurus Reveals How Turtles Got Their Shells
Well Folks I,m still here YEAH Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 10:50 am by Admin

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 298 on Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:20 am
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Well Folks I,m still here YEAH

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Well Folks I,m still here YEAH Empty
PostSubject: Well Folks I,m still here YEAH   Well Folks I,m still here YEAH Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 10:25 am

Dang I missed November, where did it go lol.Just to catch yall up. I had spinal decomperssion surgery on my neck . Then they fused 5 cervical verts and 2 thorasic verts togeather. Seems when I was young I brokwe my neck climbing trees. Gravity grabbed myskinny buitt and threw me to the ground. lol.See Momma was right"Dont climb the trees you will fall out and break your neck."Well I broke both arms but they didn't find out about my neck. They never asked kids anything when I was young. I said I had a bad headache.Well over the years it healed from the inside out and left a big calcium deposit inside my spinal canal. Then as I grew up I would do stupid stuff that hurt my neck but nothing to stop a kid from being a kid.I ended up developing Spinal Stenosis and Spinal arthritus. And another spinal thing I cant remember. I have had neck problems my entire life .Well I finally found a Dr that said he would try to help me, no promise to cure stuff but at least to try something. I was losing control of my left hand, and losing my balance.And woke up to a small headache ever since 1997. So we had the surgery and everything seemed to be doing great. Still was weak and couldnt stand up for long but no headaches and feelings comeing bavk to my hand.Some where in the middle of the week I was home my spinal canal started leaking spinal fluid from the last two staples. I leaked quite a bit of fluid and had to rush to the emergency room . They did another surgery to locate the leak. It took 10 hours to find and repair the leak. I woke up in intensive care recovery and had a chance to talk to melodie. Poor girl went thru bell waiting and stuff.So the Dr was getting ready to leave when the Nurse asked him to look at something strange. He looked and then told me 'Good Night Tom we got another leak and need to go back in.'So three surgeries in 1 week. Seems I lost over one half the fluid in my spine and brain.Well now I am back home. I have been getting up every day for about 5 minutes a day I was up for about 20 minutes yesterday. And today I have been up for 1 hour so far.A have to use a cane cause I cant see the ground cause of my neck brace. I have no balance and cannot raise my hands past my chest yet. No headaches YES,...My hands are almost completely numb but a different type of numb.Seems once the fluids regenerate and the swelling goes down that stuff will get better.I hve been checkint this site every day but couldnt type much as it hurt to stand up.. But the kid is making a come back!!! I wont be allowed to drive till the Dr tells the state I can. My driver liscense has been medically suspendedby the Dr. Who da thunk that.. It was sure a close call twice Thank the great spirit for this new chance to prove my self to the world. It certainly has made me think about life and death and the mark you make in the universe. I promise to make good on all in the future. Sorry for the long speal but had to let my friends I'm Ok. Love all Tom
Back to top Go down
Serpentwoman
Serpentwoman

Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Well Folks I,m still here YEAH   Well Folks I,m still here YEAH Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 11:41 pm

We're so glad you're home, Tom!!
Thank so much for the update. We're just gonna keep praying you through! Wink
Now get back to taking care of yourself and get better already, will ya? LOL
We miss you!
Back to top Go down
spider ninja
spider ninja

Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Well Folks I,m still here YEAH   Well Folks I,m still here YEAH Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 3:33 pm

I know where you're coming from. My wife has black out spells, and a few years ago she passed out on the TV that sat on a five foot stand. She hit the floor, the TV landed on her back, and now she also has a few broken vertabrae. I'm sorry to hear things went so poorly, but you're still here, so they didn't go too bad. It could be much worse!
Glad to see you back!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ebay.com
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Well Folks I,m still here YEAH   Well Folks I,m still here YEAH Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 1:39 am

yeah i miss picking on you so get well soon
Back to top Go down
https://turtletribe.forumotion.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Well Folks I,m still here YEAH   Well Folks I,m still here YEAH Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 9:40 am

Ok.So here is the story.I have been using a urinal since Nov 15. I know too much info for some lol.Any way I figured I was a big boy again and for sure was potty trained!So I am standing in the Big Boys bathroom lol and I deceide to show the world that I am indeed back!Thinking I had years of experience peeing like an adult I could for sure do this..(The funnie part later)First obstical I didn't think of was the neck brace(Dang Neck brace). Seems it limits my field of vision quite a bit, more than I realized. I couldn't see the toilet very well. So being the trooper I know I can be I tried to remember the aiming angle, aimingpoint, release time and listen for that desired sound of falling liquid into the facility.Crap I didn't hear that wonderful sound of sucess quite as good as I wanted(see the neck brace covers part of my ears also,along with all this hair).So sucess I thought my first big boy pee in over a month. I toddled back to my chair so I could sit up for a while before lieing back in the Hosp. bed.Hate that bed already!The wonderful Melodie came home from work and asked how I had done during her absence while she worked making much needed $$$'s . I told her of my sucesss at doing pee-pee like a big boy. She came back from the bathroom with a strange look on her face. In her right hand was that dreaded Urinal jug!She politely handed it to me and said till I leearned to remember where the toilet was ar better still could at leaste see some of it I was banned from trying to be a big boy . Seems I hit someething all right but not the toilet. I hit the garbage can but mostly the dang floor.My memory of the angle of body to toilet and that timing factor reallyneed a lot of fine tuning if I am to become a big boy again. Till I improve I am best friends with my urninal, Have even given him a name"
Peabody". So I guess I'm not all that way back yet. b6
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Well Folks I,m still here YEAH   Well Folks I,m still here YEAH Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 3:29 pm

LMAO tom you crack me up
Back to top Go down
https://turtletribe.forumotion.com
Jon

Registration date : 2010-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Well Folks I,m still here YEAH   Well Folks I,m still here YEAH Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 1:26 am

way to gut out and keep trying though. stick with it and get better. im still fairly young, but i know that my biggest obstacle is myself. it's something that i notice proves true for most people. just watch out for those evil zippers man.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Well Folks I,m still here YEAH   Well Folks I,m still here YEAH Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 11:52 am

You are right, the zipper scares the pooh out of me right now lol.Every day I get a little stronger and less painful. But dang I have a long way to go!I took two long walks this week. One to one corner of our street and the other to the next corner. Seems like not much to most people but It seemed like a mile to me. I dont have much grip yet and still cannot raise my hands over my head.I go get the rest of the staples out and the New stiches from the second operation on Monday. I then get a visiting nurse to help me do exercises three times a week.. If I had known this stuff was gonna hurt as much or knock me down so hard it would have been hard to let the Drs do it. But Then I already see a difference in some things like no more headaches. I had a headache every morning since 1997 cause of pressure on my spinal cord. Yeah they are gone. and I am getting feelings back in both hands. Dr said it would maybe take two years for all the swelling and stuff to get done.Not being able to look around sucks pretty much. Can't look up at all yet and fusing the vertebrea as much as they did is really going to limit the amount of side sight I will have.It ay take 6 monthe before the Dr will let my drive again. I just got the letter from the Motor vehical division stating I can't drive till Dr. Gervin gives them the go ahead. But here I am and they didn't kill my humor or me so thats all good.Myoutlook on life as a whole has changed quite a bit. Once you get Last Rights in the operating room you tend to get a lot of religion. Boy I gots loads of that right now lol. The Great spirit and God are working hard on my soul to make me a better people. I apreciate that!!!! santa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well Folks I,m still here YEAH   Well Folks I,m still here YEAH Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Well Folks I,m still here YEAH
Page 1 of 1