TurtleTribe-ParrotTribe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TurtleTribe-ParrotTribe

A place to learn and talk about your pet

HomeTurtleTribe.netLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Turtle Tribe Iron ons for sale
My reptiles Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 12:56 pm by Admin

» turtle tribe hand bags
My reptiles Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 12:55 pm by Admin

» cinnabunn hass passed away
My reptiles Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 9:38 pm by Admin

» why parrots shouldnt eat meat....
My reptiles Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 12:28 pm by Admin

» worm snakes out side in my worm bed
My reptiles Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 8:30 pm by Admin

» Tortsy the watch turtle
My reptiles Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 11:04 pm by Admin

» Cobalt Blue
My reptiles Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 11:02 pm by Admin

» Questions answered about What is it like owning a large parrot
My reptiles Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 8:36 pm by Admin

» Jail brake
My reptiles Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 2:52 am by Admin

» Avicularia avicularia, pet trade
My reptiles Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 8:29 pm by spider ninja

» Arabian camel spider
My reptiles Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 11:51 am by eggman

» YAY purrlyns comming for a visit next month
My reptiles Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 1:56 pm by Admin

» Dragons
My reptiles Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 11:01 am by Admin

» Just my babies.
My reptiles Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 7:04 pm by eggman

» New Babies
My reptiles Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 12:01 am by eggman

» tiny baby box turtlle asleep in food dish
My reptiles Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 9:50 pm by Admin

» worm snakes
My reptiles Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 9:48 pm by Admin

» bailey in his hat
My reptiles Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 3:31 pm by Admin

» Scratch Scratch Scratch
My reptiles Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 3:30 pm by Admin

» Photo bucket changes
My reptiles Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 11:14 pm by Admin

» notin
My reptiles Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 11:33 pm by eggman

» rescued box turtle takes over back seat
My reptiles Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 11:19 pm by Admin

» I did I did get it after all Im sort of slow
My reptiles Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 5:16 pm by Admin

» Hey wait I might be onto somethin
My reptiles Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 11:26 pm by eggman

» Extinct Reptile Eunotosaurus Reveals How Turtles Got Their Shells
My reptiles Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 10:50 am by Admin

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 298 on Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:20 am
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

My reptiles

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jon

Registration date : 2010-11-10

My reptiles Empty
PostSubject: My reptiles   My reptiles Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 4:05 am

The facebook link is really easy for me to do, and it stays good even when I update the albums, so the following links are for my,

1.1 bearded dragons: https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=28581&id=100000524518076&l=e901c7b6ec

1.1 western hognose snakes: https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=38439&id=100000524518076&l=0849c89cd9

0.1 sulawesi mangrove snake: https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=9999&id=100000524518076&l=0922f0e353

My bearded dragons are awesome, as bearded dragons tend to be. if you own any, then you know what I mean, and if you dont own any, then you should.

the hognose snakes are really awesome, but very squirmy, always looking for food. I wonder if they would eat till they get sick. the little male is very polite bout hand feeding, the female, she is happy to take a rat pinky, or 3 and maybe some fingertips if your not fast enough to let go. she just charges like a freight train its so funny to watch.

the mangrove snake has become quite exceptional over the last six months, and is now pushing about 5 and a half feet long, and is now very calm, even at night, and can be easilly handled during the day, and even at night, if she has a full belly. I regularly take her with me to the pet store to survey the menu, as I generally feed her golden, white spot, and tokay geckos, and she recently ate a 18-24 in. garter snake. Occasionally, I make her "rough" it with a mere mouse, and now she actually pulls the mice into the branches rather then dropping from the branch. Really a wonderful snake that can be very rewarding with proper care.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Registration date : 2008-08-07

My reptiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: My reptiles   My reptiles Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 11:29 pm

nice pics i used to own a beardie along time ago but it passed away it got out of its cage one day and befor i could get over to the window it had gotten ahold of a firefly and it killed it i wasnt to happy about that but nothing could be done he was faster then me and i just never got another one
Back to top Go down
https://turtletribe.forumotion.com
Jon

My reptiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: My reptiles   My reptiles Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 7:44 am

yeah, i had yellow saharan uromastyx, but he was wc and just didnt addapt to captivity no matter what i did. I was sad when he passed on, and havent gotten another one since.
Back to top Go down
Serpentwoman
Serpentwoman

My reptiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: My reptiles   My reptiles Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 2:48 pm

Beardies are amazing little lizards, aren't they? Can't beat their personalities. Smile
Your hognose is gorgeous! I've tried twice now to raise hoggies and was miserably unsuccessful both times, so if you don't mind, I'll live vicariously through your experiences. Hopefully I can maybe pin point what I was doing wrong.
Now, I've admired Mangroves for years. Can they be completely on a rodent based diet? Or do they need the diversity to stay healthy?

And I'm sorry to hear you lost your Uro. I had an Ornate Uro (Salvador) that I lost and I was heartbroken. Another lizard that ranks right up there with Beardies for cuteness and personality.
Back to top Go down
Jon

My reptiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: My reptiles   My reptiles Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 10:32 am

Mangrove snakes will do just fine on rodent only. I feed mine predominately other reptiles because they contain more nutrition, and are easier for her to digest because of the lighter bone structures, and quite frankly, it's just friggin way cooler to see. Several times, she has swallowed a gecko backwards, and that is always interesting because her venom is more like a semi effective paralytic angent, I have seen geckos grab on to her jaw in an attempt to pull themselves out of her mouth, not to mention that tokay geckos will grolw and bark the entire time.
Back to top Go down
Jon

My reptiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: My reptiles   My reptiles Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 9:48 pm

Introducing my newest pet, Lrrr. RULER OF PLANET OMICRON PERSEI 8!!! (argentine black and white tegu)

https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=44436&id=100000524518076&l=2fb9e2cc6e
Back to top Go down
Serpentwoman
Serpentwoman

My reptiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: My reptiles   My reptiles Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 8:21 am

Oh my God, he's GORGEOUS!! Very Happy
How old is he? He looks in amazing shape!
They tame down so easily. Hope you get the best natured lovebug ever, Jon.
Congratulations!
Back to top Go down
Jon

My reptiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: My reptiles   My reptiles Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 1:05 am

Yeah, he was a bity little terror, but after two days, I had him calmed down and wearing a harness, then started leash training. The whole leash training thing isnt working quite so well though, he kinda goes where he wants and at the pace he wants. I believe this particular one is somewhere between 1-2 years old, possibly older. I got him at the pet shop for 200, he has been bought and brought back a number of times because inexpierenced people dont do their research before buying the animal, then later on realize that keeping it is slightly beyond their abillities, so i think im actually the 4th owner of this particular tegu. ofcourse, he seems more interested in hibernating then anything else right now.
Back to top Go down
Jon

My reptiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: My reptiles   My reptiles Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 1:46 pm

the woma pythons are confirmed as having been locked up yesterday. so now i get to wait for eggs to be laid, then for eggs to hatch. oh, happy days though.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

My reptiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: My reptiles   My reptiles Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 4:18 pm

Wow . Do you breed reptiles?I love snakes but my wife said No. Lizards scare the pooh out of me.But I like your pics too cool
Back to top Go down
Jon

My reptiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: My reptiles   My reptiles Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 8:45 am

yeah, i am currently trying to breed woma pythons, western hognose snakes, and bearded dragons.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

My reptiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: My reptiles   My reptiles Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 10:01 am

I have seen 'K''s woma i think. They are very pretty and love the color. I owned a Columbian Red Tail but my wife asked me to give it up so I did. And all lizard stuff gives me the creeps even though i like to look at them they still bother me.You have some very good lookin reptiles. b6
Back to top Go down
Jon

My reptiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: My reptiles   My reptiles Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 9:57 pm

thank you. i spoil them rotten. the least they could do is look good
Back to top Go down
Jon

My reptiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: My reptiles   My reptiles Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 10:06 pm

https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=49099&id=100000524518076&l=631fadcbac

just got a baby fantasy frog today. its (gender unknown) susposed to get even more colorful as it gets older. cant wait for it to get big enough to eat adult mice. these little frogs are a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

My reptiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: My reptiles   My reptiles Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 10:59 pm

Wow that's very cute. I like frogs and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Jon

My reptiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: My reptiles   My reptiles Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 2:05 am

The female woma is definately gravid, now i just gotta hope for good, viable eggs.
Back to top Go down
Serpentwoman
Serpentwoman

My reptiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: My reptiles   My reptiles Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 12:33 pm

Right on!! Best of luck, man!! Hope you can update us with a nice, healthy bunch of pearls! Smile
Back to top Go down
Jon

My reptiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: My reptiles   My reptiles Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 10:34 pm

female woma came out of post ovulation shed, should have eggs in about 30 days. Im so excited.
Back to top Go down
Serpentwoman
Serpentwoman

My reptiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: My reptiles   My reptiles Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 12:32 am

Are you setting them up in an incubator? Or letting mama take care of them?
Back to top Go down
Jon

My reptiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: My reptiles   My reptiles Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 1:06 am

i just put the egg box in today, gonna incubate them. also, updated the pics with one of her laying inverted in the cage.
Back to top Go down
Jon

My reptiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: My reptiles   My reptiles Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 9:52 pm

Got 11 healthy eggs on saturday, while i was in the middle of moving. talk about bad timing.
and heres the link for the woma photos

https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=41424&id=100000524518076&l=900a8d2eb7
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

My reptiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: My reptiles   My reptiles Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 10:34 am

That is such a beautiful snake. Is she poisonus? Is she rare and will you sell all the babies?
Back to top Go down
Jon

My reptiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: My reptiles   My reptiles Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 1:23 am

well, the jury is out on rather or not woma pythons are venomous, were venomous, or are evolving to become venomous. They are rare, they are listed as endangered but not threatened, the species may not survive in the wild due too the two very small areas of austrailia that are shriniking due too the usual human growth. the intrest of zoos and hobbyist will keep them around though. I intend to sell all of the babies, and hopefully make more next year.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

My reptiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: My reptiles   My reptiles Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 10:18 am

One more ? are they hard to handle? Are they aggressive.
Back to top Go down
Serpentwoman
Serpentwoman

My reptiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: My reptiles   My reptiles Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 11:58 pm

I don't know about yours, Jon, but my two are like big old noodles. Even more docile and complacent than my ball pythons. Sweetest natured snakes we've ever owned!
Back to top Go down
Jon

My reptiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: My reptiles   My reptiles Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 5:37 am

well, my female has been a little surly lately, but i figure the gravid and just laid eggs issue accounts for that. She just took down two small rats though. On saturday, i bought a nice female ball python, and introduced it to the woma cage, the male is allready spurring her, and ball pythons are coming into season, so with any luck i will also produce wall pythons this year.
Back to top Go down
Jon

My reptiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: My reptiles   My reptiles Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 5:42 am

Also, a note on woma care, they do come from deserts, but they also come from a coastal range,now that i have moved, all my pets are in one room, and it is warm and maybe 60% humidity in that room, my womas seem to be doing a little better with shedding, and have not exhibited any respitory problems that might indicate the humidity is too much. will be interesting to watch and track though, this is the end of week one
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

My reptiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: My reptiles   My reptiles Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 9:59 am

You can breed ball pythons and Woma pythons? I know you can do some parrots and gt some splits and hybreeds but I never thought snakes would do that.interesting
Back to top Go down
Serpentwoman
Serpentwoman

My reptiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: My reptiles   My reptiles Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 9:54 pm

Theres tons of hybrids out there. Saw a really nice looking Carpondro (Carpet/Condro cross) a few months ago. Its always been a subject of debate on the ethics, but theres been some pretty interesting animals created.
Back to top Go down
Jon

My reptiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: My reptiles   My reptiles Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 4:41 pm

when it comes to breeding hybrids, i understand some people are concerned with ethics, i have no idea why though. dogs, wolves, and even cyotes will all happily create hybrids on their own. the pictures i have found from previous woma/ball breedings have looked mostly fantastic, I havent seen any more breeding behaviour from either animal though, so i might not get hybrids this year. ofcourse, its raining today...
Back to top Go down
Jon

My reptiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: My reptiles   My reptiles Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 4:11 am

So, 7 baby womas hatched, 3.3, with a 7th one who has some kinda funky eye deformation, so were waiting to see what happens with it. I am also happy to report that 1.1 of them have deposits on them, a very interested 3rd one, and another possible 1.1 sold. My snakes just paid for themselves.
Back to top Go down
Jon

My reptiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: My reptiles   My reptiles Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 4:19 am

some of the baby womas seem to think they are burms, and will rear up, and open their mouth and hiss oh so quietly to threaten me. one bit me. i think. it might not of been big enough to get its mouth around my hand. they are so funny like that. I had to seperate them, because one would accidentally hit another snake, and then it would strike back, and pretty soon it was a little whirling ball of yellows and browns bralwing. one of the babies is really awesome though, just kinda expects that you will hold her.

also got a clutch of 10 healthy eggs from the hognose snake, and they are due to lay another clutch in a month or so. the first clutch is approximately a month from hatching as well.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

My reptiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: My reptiles   My reptiles Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 11:54 am

Dang Dude how many snakes do you have?Are they expensive?
Back to top Go down
Jon

My reptiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: My reptiles   My reptiles Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 7:17 pm

I have 6 snakes, ranging from the 65 dollar ball python to the 500 dollar woma python,
3 lizards, 1 frog, 2 toads, and assorted neighbors. thats not counting the 6 woma python babies, (one sold, the eye problem lost the eye but is other wise a healthy little girl, if overly defensive, and i named her trouser) or the hog nose babies that just started hatching. 3 of them so far, with two more heads poking out, and the other 5 eggs could have hatched today for all i know. A Reptile Room here in fresno is perfectly willing to incubate any and all reptile eggs, so i dont bother with a home incubator, espeacially since the babies all get sold at the reptile room anyways. that and if the eggs go bad, or sometimes even after hatching, whats left can be, well, "what a wonderful smell youve discovered"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My reptiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: My reptiles   My reptiles Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My reptiles
Page 1 of 1