TurtleTribe-ParrotTribe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TurtleTribe-ParrotTribe

A place to learn and talk about your pet

HomeTurtleTribe.netLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Turtle Tribe Iron ons for sale
Boy is Purrlyn being a real pain in the rump Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 12:56 pm by Admin

» turtle tribe hand bags
Boy is Purrlyn being a real pain in the rump Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 12:55 pm by Admin

» cinnabunn hass passed away
Boy is Purrlyn being a real pain in the rump Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 9:38 pm by Admin

» why parrots shouldnt eat meat....
Boy is Purrlyn being a real pain in the rump Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 12:28 pm by Admin

» worm snakes out side in my worm bed
Boy is Purrlyn being a real pain in the rump Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 8:30 pm by Admin

» Tortsy the watch turtle
Boy is Purrlyn being a real pain in the rump Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 11:04 pm by Admin

» Cobalt Blue
Boy is Purrlyn being a real pain in the rump Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 11:02 pm by Admin

» Questions answered about What is it like owning a large parrot
Boy is Purrlyn being a real pain in the rump Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 8:36 pm by Admin

» Jail brake
Boy is Purrlyn being a real pain in the rump Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 2:52 am by Admin

» Avicularia avicularia, pet trade
Boy is Purrlyn being a real pain in the rump Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 8:29 pm by spider ninja

» Arabian camel spider
Boy is Purrlyn being a real pain in the rump Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 11:51 am by eggman

» YAY purrlyns comming for a visit next month
Boy is Purrlyn being a real pain in the rump Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 1:56 pm by Admin

» Dragons
Boy is Purrlyn being a real pain in the rump Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 11:01 am by Admin

» Just my babies.
Boy is Purrlyn being a real pain in the rump Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 7:04 pm by eggman

» New Babies
Boy is Purrlyn being a real pain in the rump Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 12:01 am by eggman

» tiny baby box turtlle asleep in food dish
Boy is Purrlyn being a real pain in the rump Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 9:50 pm by Admin

» worm snakes
Boy is Purrlyn being a real pain in the rump Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 9:48 pm by Admin

» bailey in his hat
Boy is Purrlyn being a real pain in the rump Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 3:31 pm by Admin

» Scratch Scratch Scratch
Boy is Purrlyn being a real pain in the rump Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 3:30 pm by Admin

» Photo bucket changes
Boy is Purrlyn being a real pain in the rump Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 11:14 pm by Admin

» notin
Boy is Purrlyn being a real pain in the rump Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 11:33 pm by eggman

» rescued box turtle takes over back seat
Boy is Purrlyn being a real pain in the rump Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 11:19 pm by Admin

» I did I did get it after all Im sort of slow
Boy is Purrlyn being a real pain in the rump Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 5:16 pm by Admin

» Hey wait I might be onto somethin
Boy is Purrlyn being a real pain in the rump Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 11:26 pm by eggman

» Extinct Reptile Eunotosaurus Reveals How Turtles Got Their Shells
Boy is Purrlyn being a real pain in the rump Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 10:50 am by Admin

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 298 on Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:20 am
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Boy is Purrlyn being a real pain in the rump

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Registration date : 2008-08-07

Boy is Purrlyn being a real pain in the rump Empty
PostSubject: Boy is Purrlyn being a real pain in the rump   Boy is Purrlyn being a real pain in the rump Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 4:39 pm

he has screamed all darn day for food til 4pm when i give him food then he starts leaping off the counter and knocking things over and yelling and flapping acting like he is starving he really is pushing it trying to get his way and everything he does isnt getting his way he gets into trouble and put back in his cage he refusses to eat his food in the morning and then after 4pm he will eat a tiny bit of seed or veggies and then when its bed time he does nothing but scream wanting food again driven me insane half the night we cant even walk into the living room to get a drink wash our hands with out him screaming he screamed so much last night there was some other bird some where behind our house that started screaming sounded like another macaw or a cockatoo not really sure this was like at 1030 last night my god he was non stop last night but we ignored him and had his cage covered he has gotten all the other birds in very cranky moods they arent sleeping much becouse of his big mouth so there all fussy and upset what a night
Back to top Go down
https://turtletribe.forumotion.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Boy is Purrlyn being a real pain in the rump   Boy is Purrlyn being a real pain in the rump Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 7:28 pm

Wow. I'm sorry that Purrlyn is being a pain. That isn't like Blue & Golds to be such a pain. Usually they are the quietest of the Mccaws weaning. He is for sure pushing his weight around. Try to stick it out but if he keeps being a butt head you might have to go back to two formula feedings and just let him graze for solid foods later .There is no rush in weaning and there is no reason to upset the entire flock with his behavior. Better backing off the weaning a bit if only to stop his screaming and acting up. That could become a habit with him and better to not let him scream and starting a bad hbit. Yall might have to go ahead and syringe him a little longer. I know that seems a step backward but in the long run you might opt. for a longer syringe thing just for yalls sanity and a better manored bird. Plus the other birds will not like him if he continues to be a brat.Yall got a dummie head baby lol.I'll call you later tonite. Melodie is on the phone with her sister. Boy is Purrlyn being a real pain in the rump Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Boy is Purrlyn being a real pain in the rump   Boy is Purrlyn being a real pain in the rump Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 11:57 pm

yeah im going to do the am feeding an see how it goes
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Boy is Purrlyn being a real pain in the rump   Boy is Purrlyn being a real pain in the rump Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 10:09 am

welp purrlyn ate almost 200cc this morning and he is now eating his seeds this morning and his veggies/fruit he was all yelling til i fed him now he is sitting there chowing around on stuff and not barking whimpering or yelling his head off like a crazy loon and yes i had to take a shower he desided to do a head shake on the last bite and i wore most of it lol but he was his purring self abit ago so i think and i hope this works will see
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Boy is Purrlyn being a real pain in the rump   Boy is Purrlyn being a real pain in the rump Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 6:01 pm

Well that sounds good.I guess he is a morning person hahahahaha. This sounds like an answer to the butt head being loud. See, Experiment and you find an answer. I feel better now, I know yall do.Purrlyn may be a keeper after all lol. Congrats on trying something different. It's not a step back it's a step up . He will wean soon I'm sure.He will be a good boy soon ,I'm sure. You do have a great bird.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Boy is Purrlyn being a real pain in the rump   Boy is Purrlyn being a real pain in the rump Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 6:37 pm

well so far he has ben eating all day and he was good for the most part today he did bite me when i was tryen to clip his nails he got introuble for that but other then that hes ben rather good so i think maybe that was his hole problem but will see what happens tonight
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Boy is Purrlyn being a real pain in the rump   Boy is Purrlyn being a real pain in the rump Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 12:21 am

well tonight he got a tiny bit fussy i gave him a little under half of the baby food and he eat that then went back in his cage and ate some more food from his seed bowl then back to his veggie bowl and then later he was dancing and paceing around on the bottem of the cage i got him out set him in my lap and he layed there purring while i cleaned his beak off and rubbed his face then he desided he wanted to run around so we took a walk around the kitchen back into the living room then he started sayen what up to wayne and so he sat in the chair with wayne for awhile til time forr bed he was good for a bit he fussed after about 30 min under the cover and then i heard him eating seeds so far all went good
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Boy is Purrlyn being a real pain in the rump   Boy is Purrlyn being a real pain in the rump Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 10:08 am

Cool. He is being a good bird.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Boy is Purrlyn being a real pain in the rump   Boy is Purrlyn being a real pain in the rump Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 11:15 am

well he isnt being good this morning yelling and screaming like a fool befor i could get the food ready he was being a real rump head i finaly get him out of his cage after fighting to get him out of it becouse he felt the need to sit in the back and yelp and bark while im standing there trying to get him to come to the front finaly i get a foot and out we go then he desides to start acting like a real pain and fight me on the scale while im trying to weigh him wasnt a good morning any way he got less food today only 100cc thats it then i put him back in his cage an hes got his face barried in the seed dish
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Boy is Purrlyn being a real pain in the rump   Boy is Purrlyn being a real pain in the rump Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 10:26 pm

Well at least he is eating
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Boy is Purrlyn being a real pain in the rump   Boy is Purrlyn being a real pain in the rump Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 10:51 pm

yeah he is eating right now he is in there yelling wanting more food after he was fed . any way he went to the vets today for his last shot and he took a car ride with out being in any cage he sorta dont fit in the carriers now so we had to take him out with a towl til i got into the car with him he got very excited going for a car ride he even got to meet other ppl awwing him he was pretty well behaved for the car ride and to the vets and back home but now he is back to yelling for food again so we are ignoring him right now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boy is Purrlyn being a real pain in the rump   Boy is Purrlyn being a real pain in the rump Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Boy is Purrlyn being a real pain in the rump
Page 1 of 1