TurtleTribe-ParrotTribe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TurtleTribe-ParrotTribe

A place to learn and talk about your pet

HomeTurtleTribe.netLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Turtle Tribe Iron ons for sale
Ethics 101 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 12:56 pm by Admin

» turtle tribe hand bags
Ethics 101 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 12:55 pm by Admin

» cinnabunn hass passed away
Ethics 101 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 9:38 pm by Admin

» why parrots shouldnt eat meat....
Ethics 101 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 12:28 pm by Admin

» worm snakes out side in my worm bed
Ethics 101 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 8:30 pm by Admin

» Tortsy the watch turtle
Ethics 101 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 11:04 pm by Admin

» Cobalt Blue
Ethics 101 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 11:02 pm by Admin

» Questions answered about What is it like owning a large parrot
Ethics 101 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 8:36 pm by Admin

» Jail brake
Ethics 101 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 2:52 am by Admin

» Avicularia avicularia, pet trade
Ethics 101 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 8:29 pm by spider ninja

» Arabian camel spider
Ethics 101 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 11:51 am by eggman

» YAY purrlyns comming for a visit next month
Ethics 101 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 1:56 pm by Admin

» Dragons
Ethics 101 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 11:01 am by Admin

» Just my babies.
Ethics 101 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 7:04 pm by eggman

» New Babies
Ethics 101 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 12:01 am by eggman

» tiny baby box turtlle asleep in food dish
Ethics 101 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 9:50 pm by Admin

» worm snakes
Ethics 101 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 9:48 pm by Admin

» bailey in his hat
Ethics 101 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 3:31 pm by Admin

» Scratch Scratch Scratch
Ethics 101 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 3:30 pm by Admin

» Photo bucket changes
Ethics 101 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 11:14 pm by Admin

» notin
Ethics 101 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 11:33 pm by eggman

» rescued box turtle takes over back seat
Ethics 101 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 11:19 pm by Admin

» I did I did get it after all Im sort of slow
Ethics 101 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 5:16 pm by Admin

» Hey wait I might be onto somethin
Ethics 101 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 11:26 pm by eggman

» Extinct Reptile Eunotosaurus Reveals How Turtles Got Their Shells
Ethics 101 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 10:50 am by Admin

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 298 on Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:20 am
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Ethics 101

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
spider ninja
spider ninja

Registration date : 2009-06-11

Ethics 101 Empty
PostSubject: Ethics 101   Ethics 101 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 7:54 am

I got to get something off my chest, more to vent than anything. Honestly, I really like you guys, and giving the subject and everything, maybe you guys are good candidates for this.
A friend referred me to a reptile forum a few weeks ago and I decided to join to spice up the invert section. Why? I like to help people out, and I like to share what I do, along with teaching and discussion and such. A couple of days ago I posted a molt sequence, a series of photos showing a tarantula in different stages of molting. The results were quite interesting. A couple of the members decided that they should start a discussion about squashing spiders. Now, maybe I over react to things and maybe I take things too serious, but where I come from this is considered rude at best. I mean, how do they expect invert people to react??? I'm quite serious about that. I haven't been on many reptile forums, but it seems that the ones that I have been on show a tendancy of doing these kinds of things! I've seen posts dealing with your spiders muck to your spiders are yucky and now I kill spiders. A bit exagerated but you get the idea.
Now, the reason I'm ok with saying this to you guys is because I don't believe you guys here are that way, so why is this common place at other forums??? Turtles are cute, and a lot of people like them, but remember, snakes and spiders both are in the phobia list, and it seems its the snake people on this other forum that were talking about squashing spiders. Again, snake people here are cool, I'm just having an interesting time understanding why people on some other forums just don't get it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ebay.com
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Registration date : 2008-08-07

Ethics 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethics 101   Ethics 101 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 12:15 pm

welp see thats why ive allways said no matter if you like an animal or not its best not to be rude becouse others feel very deeply for there other weird or strange critters like we do about our own and everyone has there own fav i refuse for ppl on here to be rude in a manner that way becouse i feel its unfar to everyone but what you have to see is on those other forums they only care about what there into and not others sure we all get carried away with our pets and sometimes forget that others have the same feelings for a diff animal ive ben treated crappy on many forums and to be honest i think if your going to own run or join a forum ppl should have respect for everyones posts and needs and weather you like the critter or not they should conduct there self in a nice manner any way and not be rude i think the biggest problem with other forums you have alot of young ppl not being taught to have respect for others here your never going to be treated like crap becouse you own a spider or snake yeah i will admit spiders freak me out but im not going to go being rude or nasty to you or your pet becouse i understand you love your fuzzy spider just as much as i love my birds turtles and frogs and i might joke about things but most part i dont kill any wild spiders unless it posed a threat to me like the huge black one awhile back trying to rip my face off lol and besides it was poisoness but as for others we just put them back outside and shoo them along lol but i do understand why your feeling this way about other forums its happen so many times to me when id post about the turtles on diff forums i just stoped going if ppl want to be that way i dont want to be apart of there forum its why ive stayed here and making sure everyones treated fairly here and there pets
Back to top Go down
https://turtletribe.forumotion.com
spider ninja
spider ninja

Registration date : 2009-06-11

Ethics 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethics 101   Ethics 101 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 1:19 pm

I have seen aggressive behavior and bullying on forums, and its not like I got my feelings hurt, I was just taken back by the fact that these people were just figuring it was ok to go on like that. I have seen that in person, but on a forum in a section devoted to inverts? People actually went out of their way to go into there and then discuss squashed spiders. It just totally blew me away. Now I probably shouldn't have gone on the rant in all reallity, I just wanted to hear I ran into oddballs and not the norm in the reptile hobby Ethics 101 Lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.ebay.com
Anonymous

Ethics 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethics 101   Ethics 101 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 5:17 pm

It's a shame some people are that way. I don't think anyone on this site would aver be that rude or stupid. Now Me I am Bi-Polar and I even know when I'm rude but to tell you the truth I have never been rude about any of Gods critters. My rudness manifests itself about the only greature of Gods that can take it--People.lol . Everyone has their fav critter. People just are not my fav all the time. But the snakies ,spidies ,turts, torts and birds and dogs . well they rule . People tend to muck the most animals for the most part don't even do that sort of thing. I think manners and a good upbringing are one of the most important life lessons for us,unfortunately younger people are not taught these basic life skills.i will apologise for all the rude people because they are not smart enough to apologise for their ignorance. This site is a good one , we is all friendly as long as I'm not telling jokes lololol.LOVE to GODS gritters!!! Ethics 101 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Registration date : 2008-08-07

Ethics 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethics 101   Ethics 101 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 10:05 pm

lol Rant away we dont mind shoot ive ranted about ppl being that way on forums for awhile now thats pretty much the reason i just stay to my self and here i dont say to much on other forums becouse i get so tired of ppl trying to ruin it and be rude and nasty or out stage some one and act like they know it all shoot im allways learning and those being rude and saying such crap on forums well i think it should have ben delt with by the admin i wouldnt want someone doing or posting such things here and being rude like that or trying to ruff ppls feathers i would have removed the post and gave them a stern warning on it
Back to top Go down
https://turtletribe.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Ethics 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethics 101   Ethics 101 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ethics 101
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TurtleTribe-ParrotTribe :: Tribe Comic Fun Zone and General Chat Are and Video section and Tribe classfieds :: General Chat area-
Jump to: