TurtleTribe-ParrotTribe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TurtleTribe-ParrotTribe

A place to learn and talk about your pet

HomeTurtleTribe.netLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Turtle Tribe Iron ons for sale
cold weather Blahhhhh Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 12:56 pm by Admin

» turtle tribe hand bags
cold weather Blahhhhh Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 12:55 pm by Admin

» cinnabunn hass passed away
cold weather Blahhhhh Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 9:38 pm by Admin

» why parrots shouldnt eat meat....
cold weather Blahhhhh Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 12:28 pm by Admin

» worm snakes out side in my worm bed
cold weather Blahhhhh Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 8:30 pm by Admin

» Tortsy the watch turtle
cold weather Blahhhhh Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 11:04 pm by Admin

» Cobalt Blue
cold weather Blahhhhh Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 11:02 pm by Admin

» Questions answered about What is it like owning a large parrot
cold weather Blahhhhh Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 8:36 pm by Admin

» Jail brake
cold weather Blahhhhh Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 2:52 am by Admin

» Avicularia avicularia, pet trade
cold weather Blahhhhh Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 8:29 pm by spider ninja

» Arabian camel spider
cold weather Blahhhhh Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 11:51 am by eggman

» YAY purrlyns comming for a visit next month
cold weather Blahhhhh Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 1:56 pm by Admin

» Dragons
cold weather Blahhhhh Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 11:01 am by Admin

» Just my babies.
cold weather Blahhhhh Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 7:04 pm by eggman

» New Babies
cold weather Blahhhhh Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 12:01 am by eggman

» tiny baby box turtlle asleep in food dish
cold weather Blahhhhh Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 9:50 pm by Admin

» worm snakes
cold weather Blahhhhh Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 9:48 pm by Admin

» bailey in his hat
cold weather Blahhhhh Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 3:31 pm by Admin

» Scratch Scratch Scratch
cold weather Blahhhhh Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 3:30 pm by Admin

» Photo bucket changes
cold weather Blahhhhh Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 11:14 pm by Admin

» notin
cold weather Blahhhhh Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 11:33 pm by eggman

» rescued box turtle takes over back seat
cold weather Blahhhhh Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 11:19 pm by Admin

» I did I did get it after all Im sort of slow
cold weather Blahhhhh Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 5:16 pm by Admin

» Hey wait I might be onto somethin
cold weather Blahhhhh Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 11:26 pm by eggman

» Extinct Reptile Eunotosaurus Reveals How Turtles Got Their Shells
cold weather Blahhhhh Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 10:50 am by Admin

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 298 on Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:20 am
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

cold weather Blahhhhh

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Registration date : 2008-08-07

cold weather Blahhhhh Empty
PostSubject: cold weather Blahhhhh   cold weather Blahhhhh Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 1:20 am

well its bitter cold here in wv and i had no choice but to bring in all water turtles from the garage there water was like icey cold and they was pop cycles so now i have 8 tanks in the house and still got boxies in the garage but they have heat lamps braken the chill in there cages it just wasnt helping the water turles to good out there so tomorro im going to be on the boxie hunt to check everyone out to make sure there ok and tomorro im moven my cats out of the garage and taken them over to our other house so they dont have to freeze plus they will keep van company hes the older fellow who rents from us we take him shoppin an stuff becouse he dont drive and hes all alone so the kitty cats will keep him company any way this dang cold weather bites and im sick of it im tired of freezen i ben mostly on my laptop becouse its way to cold to be in the pc room so ive closed off that room all together lol if you havent relized it by now i dont do good in cold weather id rather have sunny days then icey bitter cold days this crap just stinks
Back to top Go down
https://turtletribe.forumotion.com
Serpentwoman
Serpentwoman

PostSubject: Re: cold weather Blahhhhh   cold weather Blahhhhh Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 5:53 am

I'm with ya. We've had a cold snap move down here, and while I'm sure its not nearly as cold as it is there, I'm FREAKIN' FREEZING!!!

Hang in there and think warm thoughts!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: cold weather Blahhhhh   cold weather Blahhhhh Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 1:13 pm

im trying to hang in but i think this stupid cold weathers starting to make me sick i woke up with a sore throat and stuffy nose this morning
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: cold weather Blahhhhh   cold weather Blahhhhh Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 5:47 pm

it was way to cold to leave the turtles in the garage so i brought all the turtles in the house and closed off the garage for the winter and my cats are now at the other house stayen warm
Back to top Go down
turtlefanatic

turtlefanatic

Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: cold weather Blahhhhh   cold weather Blahhhhh Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 7:40 pm

I'm with ya, Sherry...winter sucks!! It's been below zero here for the past few days, with a wind chill factor of about -20 degrees. My car doors freeze shut in this weather, and I have to pour water on them to get them open. And then I can't roll the windows down because they're frozen too. (There goes the drive-thru at Taco Bell...WAHHH!) The steps up to my house are covered in ice, and the stuff I sprinkle on them to melt it doesn't work when it gets this cold. The mailman slipped and fell on my steps, and told me he wouldn't deliver my mail unless I got the ice off. I went out and poured boiling water on them to melt the ice, but now they're frozen over again.

I've gone through a 10 lb bag of wild bird seed and a loaf of bread in the past couple days. The little birds are all fluffed up and hanging on to the frozen tree branches in the wind. When I fill the feeder up, it's like a feeding frenzy. I don't know how the poor little things survive in this weather. (I even had a robin in my yard yesterday...I'll bet he was sorry he came up north this early!)

Luckily, my turtles are all cozy in the warmest room in the house. My Russian Tortoise is fast asleep under his lamp, and the water turtles are up on their basking rock. The Boxies who are loose in the house have discovered that the best places to lay are on the heat vents from the furnace.

Counting the days until spring comes...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: cold weather Blahhhhh   cold weather Blahhhhh Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 8:34 pm

yeah its a awful year forsure i just didnt know what else to do for trying to heat the house ive ran out of fire wood and so now im with out the wood stove so all i got now is these stupid base board heaters trying to keep the house warm but now that the garage door has ben closed off its ben getting abit warmer in here the poor boxies was so cold they was half froze and they was under there heat lights its just way to cold for those to work good anuff for them so i just packed everyone up in totes and in they came lol ive got 5 cages in my laundry room 4 cages in the livng room and 5 cages in the bed room ive ran out of room lol good thing i dont have any more to bring in or id have no place to walk this house is small and with 14 cages in the house it takes up alot of room but ive come to realize that for now on summer time they can go back in the garage and in winter everyone gets brought in the house its the only way i can keep everyone safe and warm during winter time and i know my dogs are cold out in the kennel ill be going out there tomorro and try to cover there door up so it knocks some cold air off them and ill give them even more hay to bundle up in this has ben the worst year ever its freaken 17 tonight but come thursday its supposed to get up to 43 haha will see i dont have much faith in the weather ppl right now lol you know you might try getting a bag of cat litter mix it with salt and putting on your steps it does help thats what i do when ours gets real icey bad it helps alot
Back to top Go down
turtlefanatic

turtlefanatic

Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: cold weather Blahhhhh   cold weather Blahhhhh Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 8:54 pm

I keep telling my guys that they're lucky they're INSIDE turtles rather than OUTSIDE turtles. I think about all the turtles who are hibernating in this weather, and wonder how many won't survive the winter. Your crew are very fortunate that they have someone who cares so much about them. Just don't get up in the middle of the night and fall over one of those cages!

Oh, and thanx for the tip about the kitty litter...it's worth a try!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: cold weather Blahhhhh   cold weather Blahhhhh Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 10:41 pm

lol i wont some have lites on so i can see where im going i didnt get everyones lites on yet becouse it was just toooo cold to do much out there i was just more worried about getting them in the house an didnt think about the lites til i allready locked the garage up an i dont dare go out in it right now lol you could see your breath out there so the lites can wait a day or two lol
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: cold weather Blahhhhh   cold weather Blahhhhh Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 12:31 pm

Well I'm sorry yall peeps is frozed.We had thatsame cold snap 'K'was talkin about. The only prob is even though we are in Fla. I live at the bottom of the state and the real cold doesn't make it all the way down here.Seems the cold stops around Lake Okeec. and we just get a touch of it. It did go down to 59. yesterday and they say maybe down to 50 some time next week. And out in the western suberbs maybe 45. Not here on the ft.laud coast. I only live a cpl. miles from the beach and the Bulf Stream keeps us pretty warm. I love the cold,Melodie doesn't (sje is from Pittsburg and can't deal with the cold. Wish I could send yall some warm Gulf stream breezesss. Don't freeze you guys.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: cold weather Blahhhhh   cold weather Blahhhhh Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 12:47 am

well today wasnt as cold as yesterday and the turtles are all happy to be inside snuggly an warm so all is good at the moment lol
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: cold weather Blahhhhh   cold weather Blahhhhh Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 1:59 pm

now we got snow blahhhhhhhhhhhh i get up today to find snow covered grounds and my car is covered in white stuff ick i hate clearing snow lol
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: cold weather Blahhhhh   cold weather Blahhhhh Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 4:08 pm

Send me some!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: cold weather Blahhhhh   cold weather Blahhhhh Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 4:38 pm

thats fine i will send ya a box of snow lol
Back to top Go down
Serpentwoman
Serpentwoman

PostSubject: Re: cold weather Blahhhhh   cold weather Blahhhhh Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 5:42 am

Hang in there, Tom. Rumor has it we'll be getting flurries here in the next night or so. :(
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: cold weather Blahhhhh   cold weather Blahhhhh Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 10:33 am

Oh I hope so. It did snow here in Ft. Laud January of '77. Can't eait, I got a brand new Jacket And I never got to wear it yet, Dang Gulf stream lol.
Back to top Go down
Serpentwoman
Serpentwoman

PostSubject: Re: cold weather Blahhhhh   cold weather Blahhhhh Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 12:18 pm

I remember having to del with snow back on Christmas in '89. We were living in the 'big city' of Ruskin and I was 5 months pregnant with Jake, having to waddle my butt to the frozen car and drive 50 miles south to Sarasota.

I used to love the cold weather. Guess I've been hanging out with these reptiles too long. LOL
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: cold weather Blahhhhh   cold weather Blahhhhh Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 7:23 pm

i hate this cold weather im sick of it and im ready for summer so send me some sunshine and heat and ill send everyone a box of snow lol
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: cold weather Blahhhhh   cold weather Blahhhhh Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 8:03 pm

you got it!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cold weather Blahhhhh   cold weather Blahhhhh Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

cold weather Blahhhhh
Page 1 of 1