TurtleTribe-ParrotTribe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TurtleTribe-ParrotTribe

A place to learn and talk about your pet

HomeTurtleTribe.netLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Turtle Tribe Iron ons for sale
Avicularia avicularia, pet trade Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 12:56 pm by Admin

» turtle tribe hand bags
Avicularia avicularia, pet trade Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 12:55 pm by Admin

» cinnabunn hass passed away
Avicularia avicularia, pet trade Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 9:38 pm by Admin

» why parrots shouldnt eat meat....
Avicularia avicularia, pet trade Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 12:28 pm by Admin

» worm snakes out side in my worm bed
Avicularia avicularia, pet trade Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 8:30 pm by Admin

» Tortsy the watch turtle
Avicularia avicularia, pet trade Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 11:04 pm by Admin

» Cobalt Blue
Avicularia avicularia, pet trade Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 11:02 pm by Admin

» Questions answered about What is it like owning a large parrot
Avicularia avicularia, pet trade Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 8:36 pm by Admin

» Jail brake
Avicularia avicularia, pet trade Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 2:52 am by Admin

» Avicularia avicularia, pet trade
Avicularia avicularia, pet trade Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 8:29 pm by spider ninja

» Arabian camel spider
Avicularia avicularia, pet trade Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 11:51 am by eggman

» YAY purrlyns comming for a visit next month
Avicularia avicularia, pet trade Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 1:56 pm by Admin

» Dragons
Avicularia avicularia, pet trade Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 11:01 am by Admin

» Just my babies.
Avicularia avicularia, pet trade Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 7:04 pm by eggman

» New Babies
Avicularia avicularia, pet trade Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 12:01 am by eggman

» tiny baby box turtlle asleep in food dish
Avicularia avicularia, pet trade Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 9:50 pm by Admin

» worm snakes
Avicularia avicularia, pet trade Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 9:48 pm by Admin

» bailey in his hat
Avicularia avicularia, pet trade Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 3:31 pm by Admin

» Scratch Scratch Scratch
Avicularia avicularia, pet trade Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 3:30 pm by Admin

» Photo bucket changes
Avicularia avicularia, pet trade Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 11:14 pm by Admin

» notin
Avicularia avicularia, pet trade Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 11:33 pm by eggman

» rescued box turtle takes over back seat
Avicularia avicularia, pet trade Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 11:19 pm by Admin

» I did I did get it after all Im sort of slow
Avicularia avicularia, pet trade Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 5:16 pm by Admin

» Hey wait I might be onto somethin
Avicularia avicularia, pet trade Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 11:26 pm by eggman

» Extinct Reptile Eunotosaurus Reveals How Turtles Got Their Shells
Avicularia avicularia, pet trade Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 10:50 am by Admin

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 298 on Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:20 am
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Avicularia avicularia, pet trade

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
spider ninja
spider ninja

Registration date : 2009-06-11

Avicularia avicularia, pet trade Empty
PostSubject: Avicularia avicularia, pet trade   Avicularia avicularia, pet trade Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 4:04 pm

I've heard a few doosies, but this one takes the cake! I bought an Avicularia avicularia pink toe female for my daughter some time ago. Hers matured into a male, so I got her a female to make up for a short lived male, and possibly a family breeding experience. The person I did business with was very professional and very concerned about me getting the girl alive. Here is where he made his only, and biggest mistake. He shipped her UPS. I will never ever go with UPS ever again. After not receiving my package, I asked for a tracking number. I suspected that I got ripped off, but when I received the tracking number, it showed that it had been delivered, across the river in Washington! It did not give an exact address, just the city. It took a long time calling UPS to get the correct info, in fact I never did get it. I had to go to work that night, so my wife started the ordeal of calling all of the different departments trying to find out what was going on. Finally, at midnight, she got the exact address. It had been left at the door of a home, four blocks away from where I was working. Ok, this had been a horrible mistake, but that was one huge lucky break! So at midnight, I went over to the home, which was unoccupied, and picked up my package and went back to work. It was several hours before I got home, but when I did, my daughter and I opened the package and housed a very healthy and good looking female pink toe tarantula. What an ordeal, but this girl is so mellow and beautiful, and my daughter did not want to past five feet of her tank the rest of the day. Lousy experience, but very well worth it
So, every story needs pictures, here we are

Avicularia avicularia, pet trade Picture751-1

Avicularia avicularia, pet trade Picture752-1

Back to top Go down
http://www.ebay.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Avicularia avicularia, pet trade   Avicularia avicularia, pet trade Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 2:32 pm

Wow what a pretty trantula. Yall know my wife knocked over my enclousure with my pink toe in and we lost it to the GODS of my computer room. Never did find it, it was so small it vanished. But I still look every once in a while. Now as far as UPS goes we get crickets and super worms sent by UPS. One time the boxes were dropped and the tape broke loose I guess on the criocket box and they called me to come get my Dang crickets. Their office was full od 1/2 size babies. We ordered two thousand crickets but only managed to get about three hundred. the rest are living in Fort Lauderdales UPS center. We now have to let them know when we are getting them and we have to pick them up at 6:30 Am the day they come in. Ball busters.
Back to top Go down
spider ninja
spider ninja

Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Avicularia avicularia, pet trade   Avicularia avicularia, pet trade Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 4:38 pm

Granted the result sucks, but the idea of a thousand tiny crickets roaming feely, and eventually chirping in a UPS office totally makes me smile. Sorry it resulted in the inconvenience for you though, but that is kinda funny
Back to top Go down
http://www.ebay.com
Serpentwoman
Serpentwoman

Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Avicularia avicularia, pet trade   Avicularia avicularia, pet trade Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 7:52 am

Wow... Okay, I can understand not getting the right street name, or maybe even city... But the wrong STATE??? Hellz Bells, I guess you have to be illiterate and have no sense of geography to work at UPS. I'm so glad your daughter's new little lady survived such an ordeal. Shes such a beauty!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avicularia avicularia, pet trade   Avicularia avicularia, pet trade Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1