TurtleTribe-ParrotTribe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TurtleTribe-ParrotTribe

A place to learn and talk about your pet

HomeTurtleTribe.netLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Turtle Tribe Iron ons for sale
Awesome addition, pissed off owner Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 12:56 pm by Admin

» turtle tribe hand bags
Awesome addition, pissed off owner Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 12:55 pm by Admin

» cinnabunn hass passed away
Awesome addition, pissed off owner Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 9:38 pm by Admin

» why parrots shouldnt eat meat....
Awesome addition, pissed off owner Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 12:28 pm by Admin

» worm snakes out side in my worm bed
Awesome addition, pissed off owner Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 8:30 pm by Admin

» Tortsy the watch turtle
Awesome addition, pissed off owner Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 11:04 pm by Admin

» Cobalt Blue
Awesome addition, pissed off owner Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 11:02 pm by Admin

» Questions answered about What is it like owning a large parrot
Awesome addition, pissed off owner Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 8:36 pm by Admin

» Jail brake
Awesome addition, pissed off owner Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 2:52 am by Admin

» Avicularia avicularia, pet trade
Awesome addition, pissed off owner Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 8:29 pm by spider ninja

» Arabian camel spider
Awesome addition, pissed off owner Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 11:51 am by eggman

» YAY purrlyns comming for a visit next month
Awesome addition, pissed off owner Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 1:56 pm by Admin

» Dragons
Awesome addition, pissed off owner Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 11:01 am by Admin

» Just my babies.
Awesome addition, pissed off owner Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 7:04 pm by eggman

» New Babies
Awesome addition, pissed off owner Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 12:01 am by eggman

» tiny baby box turtlle asleep in food dish
Awesome addition, pissed off owner Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 9:50 pm by Admin

» worm snakes
Awesome addition, pissed off owner Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 9:48 pm by Admin

» bailey in his hat
Awesome addition, pissed off owner Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 3:31 pm by Admin

» Scratch Scratch Scratch
Awesome addition, pissed off owner Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 3:30 pm by Admin

» Photo bucket changes
Awesome addition, pissed off owner Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 11:14 pm by Admin

» notin
Awesome addition, pissed off owner Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 11:33 pm by eggman

» rescued box turtle takes over back seat
Awesome addition, pissed off owner Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 11:19 pm by Admin

» I did I did get it after all Im sort of slow
Awesome addition, pissed off owner Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 5:16 pm by Admin

» Hey wait I might be onto somethin
Awesome addition, pissed off owner Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 11:26 pm by eggman

» Extinct Reptile Eunotosaurus Reveals How Turtles Got Their Shells
Awesome addition, pissed off owner Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 10:50 am by Admin

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 298 on Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:20 am
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Awesome addition, pissed off owner

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
spider ninja
spider ninja

Registration date : 2009-06-11

Awesome addition, pissed off owner Empty
PostSubject: Awesome addition, pissed off owner   Awesome addition, pissed off owner Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 4:14 pm

A friend gave me a few very valued pets today. I was supposed to get them on Saturday. The USPS really dropped the ball on this one. I got off work, got two hours of sleep, and waited for my package. After three hours, I went outside to see if I could see any postmen wandering about, and I found a note saying sorry we missed you. I was ten feet from the door, thanks for knocking. Today, yes Tuesday, after Sunday and Columbus day, I finally get my package. I'll share the bad news first
I opened the container to the Grammostola pulchripes, or chaco golden knee, and found it had died from a really ugly ruptured back end. It was well packed, the container must have taken a very serious banging. So, my friend paid $28.90 for two spiders, one of them a casualty, to get to me four days later. I'm pissed. This is crap to say the least, but I don't think you guys wanna hear the words I really want to use. Late and banged up, not cool. I found out my friend kept the chaco for ten years and figured it would be better off in my care, man do I feel bad about this.
Now for the good news, the one that made it

Poecilitheria ornata
Awesome addition, pissed off owner Picture291

Awesome addition, pissed off owner Picture292

Awesome addition, pissed off owner Picture293

Awesome addition, pissed off owner Picture294

Awesome addition, pissed off owner Picture295

Her new home, and she still wants to sit in the packing cup
Awesome addition, pissed off owner Picture296

Awesome addition, pissed off owner Picture297

Awesome addition, pissed off owner Picture298
Back to top Go down
http://www.ebay.com
Serpentwoman
Serpentwoman

Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Awesome addition, pissed off owner   Awesome addition, pissed off owner Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 4:28 pm

Aw... that poor little thing. Shes been in there so long, she made it her home.
I am so sorry to hear the other one didn't make it. I would be raising 9 kinds of Hades with that. That was absolutely ridiculous!!
(UPS driver would have been held hostage until I got answers to who drop kicked the box.)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Awesome addition, pissed off owner   Awesome addition, pissed off owner Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 11:35 am

thats really sad and i was told from UPS told me they wasnt allowed to ship any kind of animals anymore and i was also told that if anyone got caught shipping any there would be a fine they did the same crap when i was shipped the snappers the guy swong the box and didnt bother to look to see it said live animal inside i gave the guy bell for it but this last time i was going to mail a turtle and i was then told its forbidden to ship any animals thru ups and if caught could be fined
Back to top Go down
https://turtletribe.forumotion.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Awesome addition, pissed off owner   Awesome addition, pissed off owner Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 3:58 pm

I remember Sherry.And didn't you have to revive one of the little snappers?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Awesome addition, pissed off owner   Awesome addition, pissed off owner Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 4:00 pm

Oh by the way the one that survived is sure a good looking Trantula.It sure has cool markings.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Awesome addition, pissed off owner   Awesome addition, pissed off owner Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 4:13 pm

yes i did
Back to top Go down
spider ninja
spider ninja

PostSubject: Re: Awesome addition, pissed off owner   Awesome addition, pissed off owner Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 8:32 pm

Well, here's a little update. She did some exploring but always retreated back to the shipping cup when the sun came up. After about six days, she found the plastic hollow log that was in the back corner, and has made that her home. In the last few days she's been hanging out on the outside of that log. I've given her some crickets, hoping to fatten her up a bit. She hasn't eaten asside from that for about a month. Granted, she ate well. This female was mated by one of my males...and it turned into a dinner and a date Shocked Hopefully I can fatten her up, convince her its monsoon time, and she'll drop a sac. I added a large and colorful, thick stick for climbing and aesthetics. I'll get more pictures in time

Here is a photo of her still in the shipping cup
Awesome addition, pissed off owner Picture304

Here she is at night exploring
Awesome addition, pissed off owner Picture324-1

Here is her underside
Awesome addition, pissed off owner Picture313
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Awesome addition, pissed off owner   Awesome addition, pissed off owner Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 9:17 pm

well she looks abit happyer out of the bowl
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Awesome addition, pissed off owner   Awesome addition, pissed off owner Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 9:33 am

She sure is good looking, love her markings.
Back to top Go down
spider ninja
spider ninja

PostSubject: Re: Awesome addition, pissed off owner   Awesome addition, pissed off owner Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 5:41 pm

She's gorgeous, and one of the more colorful from her genus. She's very very venomous, one of those you don't want to get tagged from, and semi sorta pissy too. If anyone were to get into this genus of tarantula, I'd recommend Poecilitheria regalis. Again, very venomous, but way more relaxed.
Here is one I'm really proud of, still small, but rare and uber expensive. Not as expensive as its cousin, P. metallica, but expensive, and gorgeous. When it gets bigger, you'll see the same light colors, but dark black zig zag stripes, very nice looking

Poecilitheria subfusca
Awesome addition, pissed off owner Picture329

Awesome addition, pissed off owner Picture328

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Awesome addition, pissed off owner   Awesome addition, pissed off owner Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Awesome addition, pissed off owner
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TurtleTribe-ParrotTribe :: Reptile/Invert Talk and care sheets :: Inverts talk-
Jump to: